Mark M. Rider (1947-2012)
We are deeply saddened to report the passing of attorney, Mark M. Rider, who was of counsel to the firm. On Tuesday, November 5, 2012, while surrounded by his loving family, Mark gave up a valiant fight against cancer. After over 30 years in private practice, Mark spent 12 years as part-time County Attorney for Saratoga County and an additional 14 years as the full-time Saratoga County Attorney before his retirement in December of 2010. Mark served as a delegate to the New York State Bar Association on behalf of the Saratoga County Bar Association, where he also served as President of the County Bar Association. Additionally, he was a member of the Committee on Professional Standards of the Appellate Division, Third Department. He has received the Legal Aid Society’s Distinguished Service Award and the New York State Bar Association’s President’s Award for Pro Bono Services.
Surviving Mark are his wife, Mandy Rider, his three children, eight grandchildren, his brother, his sister and several nieces and nephews.
We will miss our friend and colleague who was a gentle man as well as a gentleman. The Saratoga legal community has lost a great asset.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 1975
- University of Rochester, B.A., 1969
Honors & Awards
- Recipient, President’s Award for Pro Bono Services, New York State Bar Association, 1996
- Recipient, Distinguished Service Award, Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York, 1993
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member and Past President, Saratoga County Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Ballston Spa Lions Club
- Delegate, New York State Bar Association on behalf of the Saratoga County Bar Association
- Former Member, Committee on Professional Standards of the Appellate Division, Third Department