Michael Rhodes-Devey has been practicing law in Albany since 1985. Mr. Rhodes-Devey focuses his practice on Criminal Law, Racing & Gaming Law, Civil Litigation, Native American Law, NYS Liquor Licenses and Bankruptcy.
Throughout his practice, Mr. Rhodes-Devey has represented a New York State Native American Tribal Council, pursuing gaming and other legal affairs for the Tribe. Mr. Rhodes-Devey also has extensive experience representing Harness Horse Racing in New York.
His knowledge ranges from bankruptcy proceedings, to working with various legislative leaders for necessary legislative changes, to obtaining numerous local and state permits and licenses necessary for facilities to open.
Michael Rhodes-Devey is an of counsel attorney at TLF.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
- Member, Albany Law Review, 1983-1984
- University of Vermont, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- Lecturer, Labor, Employment and Immigration Laws Affecting the Equine Industry, Saratoga Institute on Racing and Gaming Law, The Government Law Center of Albany Law School, 2008
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers Upstate New York list (top 5% of attorneys based upon peer reviews and other criteria) as one of the top attorneys in Upstate New York for Gaming Law, 2017-2022
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Albany County Bar Association
- Member, Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member, Native American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Committee Member, Underground Railroad History Project of the Capital Region, Inc.